If You Are Going To Read One Article About StumbleUpon, Read This One – How to generate traffic with StumbleUpon – The big secret revealed!
Are you ready to stumble? I don’t mean “stumble” in a negative way.
Today, bloggers and marketers ask, “Are you ready to stumble?” when referring to StumbleUpon, the popular social media site. Stumbling is an action visitors to StumbleUpon engage in.
But StumbleUpon isn’t just another social media site. The website has the potential to bring mass traffic to your blog and websites. And receiving massive website traffic is fairly easy if you follow the directions in this article.
What is StumbleUpon?
StumbleUpon is a popular content curation site that you can use to generate boatloads of website traffic.
The site has certainly stood the test of time. While other social media sites like MySpace have forever faded into distant memory, StumbleUpon has been around since 2001.
The site currently boasts a base of 25 million users.
But what is the widespread appeal of this site?
- You can find like-minded bloggers.
- Find articles to use as references for content curation.
- You can find interesting articles to read and curate until you have time to read them.
- Generate massive amounts of traffic to your blog or website
- You can use StumbleUpon to make money online.
- StumbleUpon has an app so you can use it on the go. You can also access StumbleUpon through your internet browser.
StumbleUpon Guide / Tutorial
Using StumbleUpon is relatively easy.
Step 1: Make an account at StumbleUpon.com. When you make an account, you will be asked to indicate your interests.
Step 2: Become an active stumbler. Once you indicate your interests, StumbleUpon will start showing you articles you indicated you find interesting when you made your account.
The site works in the same way as the music app Pandora. When you use Pandora, you indicate you like a song by clicking the thumb up. If you don’t like the song, you indicate your displeasure by clicking the thumb down.
At StumbleUpon, if you like an article and want to see more articles like it, you click the thumb up and StumbleUpon will save it for you. You even have the option of organizing the articles you’ve chosen to save into lists.
If you don’t want to see more articles like the one being shown to you, you click the thumb down. Easy enough. After each action click the “Stumble” button. You don’t have to click either thumb. You can just click the “Stumble” button to tell the site you’re ready to see the next article.
How to add articles to StumbleUpon
Sometimes, you’ll find articles in your travels around the web you’d like to curate at StumbleUpon.
- Click “Add a page” and then fill in the required information.
- An even easier alternative is clicking the StumbleUpon social share icon if someone has it installed on their website. Clicking the button will take you straight to StumbleUpon where you can add it to your likes and organize the article onto lists if you choose.
- Add a StumbleUpon browser extension. This makes stumbling articles you find on the web even easier.
How to generate blog traffic with StumbleUpon
For content creators, the real fun comes when they start seeing their website traffic roll in.
How to use StumbleUpon for traffic generation?
An important factor must be kept in mind when attempting to use StumbleUpon to boost your website traffic. Are you ready?
StumbleUpon works best as a traffic generation strategy if you don’t add your own article to the website.
How can you get your article on StumbleUpon if you shouldn’t put it there?
- Have a StumbleUpon social sharing button on your site so your website visitors can curate their article.* Once your article is on StumbleUpon, the site will show your post to users who’ve indicated they’d be interested in your content.
- Many Facebook groups will have reciprocal threads. You stumble people’s links in exchange for your links getting stumbled by the Facebook group members.
- Find a StumbleUpon group. The administrator of the group will stumble your links for you.
- You can add your own links to StumbleUpon. However, the site so discourages people from adding their own links, to make up for it, you are advised to stumble 30 other posts for every one of your own you add. Remember, this is a social media site. The administrators want you to be social and not self-serving.
How to monetize with StumbleUpon
StumbleUpon has a feature called Paid Discovery. This feature allows you to advertise at StumbleUpon and pay to boost the reach of your ad. StumbleUpon allows you to have full-page ads directed at a target audience.
How to generate traffic with StumbleUpon – The big secret revealed! Wrapping Up
In closing, using StumbleUpon to generate website traffic is easy. Once your content is on StumbleUpon, it can appear before interested users of the site even years after you publish the post. Talk about repurposing your content!
In addition, it only takes a few clicks of users’ thumbs to set off an avalanche of website traffic for you.
Are you ready to stumble?