Home » Social Media » The Complete Facebook Marketing Guide 2020 [Updated]

The Complete Facebook Marketing Guide 2020 [Updated]

posted in: Social Media 17

In this new article, we are talking about Facebook Marketing and offer you our very own Facebook marketing guide to help you get the most out of the platform.

Let’s get started!

Pinterest header image - Facebook Marketing Guide

Facebook is a big deal.

Almost anyone who knows anyone has a Facebook, and we all know that Facebook is going to stick around for a long time.

If you want proof of Facebook’s success and sustainability then take a look at how Facebook did in a crisis.

They faced a serious scandal with user security and fake news, and their stock went up in value.

More than two billion people have an active Facebook account, which makes the social networking site a great platform for marketing efforts, paid and not paid.

You can get ahead of your competition by becoming a Facebook marketing expert.

But where do you begin?

Luckily, we have the complete Facebook marketing guide for you.

Start By Setting Up A Facebook Business Page

Facebook makes setting up a business page a fairly simple process.

If you have already set one up, I suggest scrolling down a bit further to where I share some helpful tips for your Facebook business page that you might have not already been aware of.

There are over 60 million businesses that have now made a Facebook business page.

When looking at a Facebook Business page, you will notice some small differences between a personal Facebook page and a business page.

For example, you can like and follow a business page rather than friend requesting the page.

There are also call-to-action buttons such as “call now”.

Let’s start on how to make a business page. It only takes a few minutes.

To create your Facebook Page, you will want to start by Clicking Here.

When you get to this point, you will have a few choices on what type of page you want to create.

facebook-marketing-guide-2018

You will more than likely select “Business or Brand” and then it will have you answer a few basic questions such as your business name.

Once you have the basic’s done, it’s time to work on how your page looks and what your page says.

A couple of important pieces of your business profile that you will need to focus on:

• Your profile picture.
  • Your cover photo.
  • The about section.
  • Settings

Your Profile Picture

Your profile picture needs to be something professional, an icon that is familiar to your customers.

For example, we have our famous magnifying glass as our Facebook profile picture.

Your Cover Photo

The best cover photos are either one with the company name on them, or people using the company’s product or service. National Cellular Directory has both.

The “About” Section

The about section is also very important.  

It is very important for businesses on Facebook because it tells the customer the important things about a business that might make or break a sale.

The about section shares important information such as contact information, general information, team members, milestones, etc.

It’s a priority to ensure that you have the right contact information on your business page as well as explain what you do and what services you offer as to attract the right customers.

Settings

The settings section is also very important.

This is the section where you can manage your page roles and determine who can be editors, as well as admin‘s and various other roles.

What are roles?

They are designed to help you distribute responsibilities to members of your team.

For example. admins have the most access, editors have almost as much access while roles such as advertiser have access to only specific parts of your Facebook page.

Page roles include admin, editor moderator, advertiser, analyst, and live contributor.

To see what each of these roles can do click here

There are also other important settings under settings as well.

One of them is notifications, which you can set your preference as to how you want to receive notifications and what you want to receive notifications on.

You can also use a Settings to manage your Instagram while you were on Facebook, see who likes your page, as well as many other features.

In this new article, we are talking about Facebook Marketing and offer you our very own Facebook marketing guide to help you get the most out of the platform.Click To Tweet

Next Up: Facebook Ads

Why Facebook Ads Work

Let me again remind you that Facebook has over 2 billion active users.

That is reason #1 and the most important reason that Facebook is a great advertising avenue.

Worldwide, almost all social media marketers recommend Facebook advertising over any other social networking platform.

What Are Facebook Ads

A Facebook ad is a paid message that can be created from a Facebook page.

If you want to advertise on Facebook, you will need to create a campaign under your Facebook business page.

Campaigns are a way to set up your ad with a specific goal in mind; such as how many people you want to reach, the demographic of people you want to reach, as how much you want to spend, and the objective.

An objective is what the user wants the end goal to be.

For example, your business might need more website traffic in order to grow; or perhaps you want to make some sales.  

These objectives are called advertising objectives.

To reach the objective; simply start a campaign and create an ad or multiple ads.

You can also have multiple objectives, but each ad has only one objective.

How to Create a Facebook Ad

Now we are getting to the fun part! It’s actually pretty simple.

First, let’s clarify the difference between a Facebook ad and a boosted post.

What’s a boosted post?

When you boost a post, you pay money to create a post to your page’s timeline, and an audience that you select sees these posts, sometimes more than once. 

This way of advertising on Facebook is the easiest way, but it doesn’t come with as many benefits as if you created an ad in Facebook ad manager.  

When your post is boosted it will appear on your selected audience’s Facebook News Feed and it will state that it’s an ad, which is required for an ad.

When you create a boosted post, you can also select the option of having your boosted post as an ad on Instagram as well; if the profiles are connected.  

To boost the post you will select a post that is already on your timeline. Then there are a few easy steps you will need to take.

These are the simple steps that you need to take:

1. Select Who you want to reach.
  2. Choose your maximum budget.
  3. Select your ad length, or how long you want your ad to run.
  4. Click boost.

Important Tip:

Boosted posts are still ads because they require money to be shared with more people.

Note: boosted posts are still considered ads because they require a budget to be shared with a wider audience.

What are Facebook ads?

While boosting a post is still considered an ad, Facebook ads are created through Ads Manager and offer more advanced customization solutions.

There are many advertising objectives to help you reach your specific business goals and the audiences you care about most.

Where a boosted post may initially optimize for Page likes, comments, and shares or overall brand awareness, Facebook ads can optimize for app installs, website conversions, video views, shop orders and more.

Facebook Ads and Why They Are Successful

Boosted posts are great for influencers, but Facebook Ads are much more successful for serious companies.

Here Are Some Additional Things That You Can Do with Facebook Ads That You Cannot Do with Boosted Posts:

Not only can you post on Facebook and Instagram with Facebook Ads like you could with a boosted post, you can also choose ad objectives, such as lead generation.

There are many other additional benefits to creating an ad versus selecting a booted post.

How to Create a Facebook Ad in AdWords

Start by clicking the “Ad Center” tab on your business page.

Then click “All Ads” on the left-hand side.

Once you are in your ad section, click “Create Ad” and Facebook should bring you to the “choose a goal” screen.

For this example, we chose the “Promote Your Page” option.

facebook-marketing-guide-2018

Depending on what you choose, your screen may look different than the screenshot above since there are several different advertising options (because businesses can have different objectives).

With the “Promote Your Page” option, you would be taken to a screen which shows an example of what the ad would look like along with options to customize your ad, such as audience and daily budget.

Facebook marketing guide 2018 Promote your page

Edit Audience Facebook marketing guide 2018

Once you choose your options; simply press “Promote”.

Besides Facebook Advertising, there are many other ways to use Facebook as a marketing tool.

Our Favorite Marketing Method: Create Shareable, Useful Content

Content! People share different forms of media across social media platforms ALL OF THE TIME.

In fact, the top Facebook post of 2017  had over 22 million interactions.

Creating content is one of the many ways to generate traffic to your website.

In order to create revenue-generating content, you have to write about topics that are useful to your readers.

They also must be somewhat relevant to your website.

Once you create relevant content that is shared, people will begin linking to your content (which will, in turn, allows you to rank higher on Google).

We know that this is the main objective of all marketing efforts basically, Google controls everything.

Even as a local business, you want to ensure that you are friends with Google.

Perhaps someone searches “cool restaurants in the Twin Cities”. If you own a restaurant in the Twin Cities area, you want your restaurant’s website to be at the top.

There is a lot of competition so spots fill fast.

Creating recipe blogs or other relevant blog posts will help you with that.

Cool Tip: Companies such as ours will create content in relation to marketing such as this one, and most of these posts do well because marketing is important and relevant in any field.Click To Tweet

An added bonus is creating successful content that also advertises your service.

For example, we just created a post on how to perform a reverse phone lookup on Facebook.

This blog post not only is useful to almost anyone (it’s a Facebook feature that most people aren’t aware of) but we also advertised our reverse phone lookup service on the blog post, just in case the reader could not find who owned the number on Facebook. See what we did there?

By creating content that is engaging and making sure that you do your proper SEO work (such as interlinking and keyword optimization) you can share this content on your social media channels and have more engaged followers and possible new clients/customers.

Here Are the Types of Facebook Content That Get A Lot of Shares:

• Music Videos
  • Breaking News
  • Heartfelt Stories
  • How-To/ Tips
  • Business
  • Quizzes
  • Travel
  • Research/ Case Studies
  • Animal Videos
  • Political Posts
  • Amazing Photos
  • Supportive
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Secret Life and Love Tips

Giveaways

Creating giveaways is a great method to access new customers and get the word out about your business. 

You can give away anything from free products to lessons, to even a feature on your website.

If you are short on cash, you can create a giveaway that is of no cost to you.

For example, National Cellular Directory gives our product for free one hour every day during our daily Happy Hour.

National Cellular Directory uses Facebook to radiate our Happy Hour schedule. 

In order to use our product for free, you have to sign up for Facebook updates.

From a marketing perspective, our daily Happy Hour creates an audience of Facebook users and potential clients. 

We have gained thousands of followers on Facebook and Twitter thanks to our Happy Hour, which results in new account holders daily.

Our large social media audience allows National Cellular Directory to share relevant content which in turn gets shared and radiated to additional National Cellular Directory Facebook and Twitter friends.

Check out our Happy Hour post below:

Facebook marketing guide 2018 Happy hour example

Content that has customers engaged

Creating fun content for customers that will help engage them is the perfect way to not only keep customers but get the buzz going and generate new customers.

We like to post fun content such as riddles, word finds, videos, as I described above giveaways as well as blog posts that will be useful to our readers, and so much more.

Coming up with fresh, fun ideas for our social media pages not only further engages our customers but also keeps our job fun as well.

Create Visuals 

Human beings are extremely visual people.

As a company, you aren’t doing a good job marketing unless you have used visuals in your campaign.

For example, our company has created all sorts of visuals in the past from infographics to videos to memorable photographs.

If you aren’t good at creating visuals, you can hire someone to do the work for you.

You can also use scheduling websites like Pagemodo.  

Pagemodo and other scheduling websites allow you to schedule and post your Facebook posts through and use their visuals for free.

They have a free option which our company takes advantage of often.

One thing I would not suggest is using free stock photos.

We’ve all been there and seen the same stock photo used over and over again.

Try not to go there. If you want to use stock photos, your best bet is to pay for them.

Using A Social Media Scheduler

As I talked about briefly in the section above (and I know you have heard this one before) social media schedulers are very helpful in any business.

For example, our company would occasionally forget to post our Happy Hour time on Facebook and Twitter.

Now we just schedule them in advance using Hootsuite so that they are always posted around the same time every morning and that they are never forgotten.

A lot of social media schedulers also have free images and other forms of media to use as well as other tools.

For example, Pagemodo has free images at your disposal.

They also have a feature that shows you suggested content and quite a few other fun features that are extremely helpful.

The Most Important Facebook Marketing Tip: Respond to Customers

Your current customers are always your number one priority. Make sure to not only keep them engaged by using the tips above but also to be responsive when they ask questions or have concerns.

Always remember your current customers; respond when they comment on your Facebook photo whether it is good or bad and make sure that they feel like they are important.

Facebook marketing guide 2020 – To Sum It All Up

Remember that Facebook is a powerful marketing tool.

These tips should help you start on your journey to becoming a successful Facebook marketer.

Make Sure When Marketing On Facebook:

• The most important thing is to ensure your customer is happy.
  • Engage current and potential customers by creating unique visuals and useful content to draw in new clients and maintain your current ones.
  • Offer free products or fun giveaways to create an audience.
  • Make sure your business page looks professional
  • Create ads to drive sales and create customers at an accelerated rate.

Related Article – The Facebook HABIT – Facebook is nothing more than a BAD HABIT that you need to break! Face Up to your social media addiction.

That’s all for now.

Thanks for reading my Facebook Marketing Guide.

If you have any questions then please leave a comment in the comments section and make sure that you subscribe to comments so that you get notified of my reply.

Regards

Holly

RELATED ARTICLES

WordPress SEO Guide 2018

Keyword Anticipation Vs Keyword Research. How can it boost your SEO [Guide]

How to Generate Leads Through Facebook Advertising

Holly Marsh
Latest posts by Holly Marsh (see all)
Summary
The complete Facebook Marketing Guide 2020 - Digital Marketing Expert Guide
Article Name
The complete Facebook Marketing Guide 2020 - Digital Marketing Expert Guide
Description
Here is your complete Facebook Marketing Guide 2020. Business pages, personal pages, Facebook ads, boosted posts we cover in all in our 2019 guide
Author
Publisher Name
Infobunny
Publisher Logo
Follow Holly Marsh:
Holly Marsh is a Marketing executive a National Cellular Directory. She loves everything about marketing, but her favorite part about her job is writing content that is useful for its readers

17 Responses

1. pramod

This is information very useful information for every Digital marketing person as well as this is a good article for Seo.
    Thanks for sharing this information.
    Please keep updating your content.

2. Moss Clement

Hi Holly,
    I vibe with your post, and I believe your readers will find it helpful. Facebook is undeniably the largest social media platform with about 25% of the world population having a presence on the platform. So it makes sense to invest in facebook marketing. FB ads for instance, targets your buyer persona. So advertising on FB will help you reach your target market and a wider audience, thus, boost your business’s ROI.

3. Kathryn Maclean

Hi Holly and Dexter,
    Great post on the monster that is Facebook. The best way to target a market with Facebook Ads. Number one. You added a lot of value in this post. Happy to share it with my social media to help others. Very helpful info.

• Dexter Roona
      |

Thanks all the credit goes to Holly.

4. Alpha Assignment Help

Great work was done by you.Informative and problem-solving content that users can easily digest can work really great for almost all types of blogs. When a user finds something informative on a blog, he/she is more likely to come back again in the future to get something valuable from your side.

5. Annette Rose

Great work on this one – thanks for sharing.

6. Barb

Another great post. I’m bookmarking this one! Thanks for sharing.

7. Janice Wald

Hi Dexter,
    Did Holly Marsh write this? She did an amazing job. I did not know about this method of making the ad when I tried Facebook ads.
    Many of these others I use. Regarding the posts: I post to my Facebook page. When I do post to my wall, I get engagement but don’t want to bore my friends and family. The only one on the list I do is “How to/Tips”.
    Janice

• Dexter Roona
      |

Yes she did indeed and what a great job she did.

8. Hussain

What a solid article on Facebook marketing. I really liked the idea of giveaways as it can really help to get new customers interested in your services or work. Also, the Happy Hour trick appears to work pretty well. Will surely try the Giveaway idea for my page. Thanks for the tips. Keep sharing
    Hussain recently posted…Guide To Optimize Local SEO Of Your WebsiteMy Profile

9. Rahim

Great Article for Facebook marketing, This is very interesting post on marketing. I like this idea of help to get new interested customers in your services.

10. Ray Collins

Hi Holly and Dexter,
    Great post on Facebook. The best way to target a market with Facebook Ads. Number one. You added a lot of value in this post.just shared it with my social media to help others.
    Regards

11. Facebook marketing dubai

Hi Dexter,
    You have put very good effort in creating this amazing post i am sure newbies will learn from this post which i will share on social media.

12. Hire Facebook Advertising

I’ve tried all the ways earlier but can’t compare with visual post’s results, it can attract a different type of traffic. So yes, you can try for best results with Images.
    Hire Facebook Advertising recently posted…Expert Tips to Boost Sales This Black Friday and Cyber MondayMy Profile

13. Facebook Business Page

I really love this marketing guide… I hope you can provide more information about this in your recent post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.